The SoR Fellowship Committee shall be appointed by the President in conformity with the rules of the Society.
The Committee shall consist of five members who have achieved the status of Fellow. The members will serve staggered terms of three years.
The President shall appoint one of the five members to act as Chair of the Committee.
The SoR Fellowship Committee shall consider, in a manner consistent with procedures established by the Executive Committee, nominations
submitted by any member of the Society by a designated Friday around March 15th. At a designated time, usually prior to the Spring Executive Committee meeting,
the Chair of the SoR Fellowship Committee shall convey its recommendation (the list of new Fellows) to the President and
to the Secretary of the Society. The President in turn shall transmit the recommendation to the Executive Committee for approval. The official announcement
of the election to the new Fellows and to the membership shall be made by the Secretary in advance of the actual recognition at the Annual Meeting.
The dates outlined in this paragraph shall be adjusted as necessary in those years in which the International Congress of Rheology is held outside of North America.
Guidelines for Nominations
Nominations shall include the following information in a single PDF file:
- 1. A nomination letter from someone other than the nominee.
- 2. A two-page description of contributions to rheology.
- 3. A curriculum vitae of the nominee containing a list of publications, patents, and other relevant information.
- 4. A “Highlights of Accomplishment” document of 3000 characters maximum length that will be used for web-biography of the
Fellow should the nominee be selected.
5. A high-resolution headshot of the nominee suitable for publication. The headshot should be at least 400 pixels wide
and 500 pixels high. Add the image to the end of the PDF file. To retain the resolution fo the image, do the following:
Add a blank page at the end of your Word document. After the document is saved as a PDF, open the PDF with Adobe Acrobat or equivalent PDF editor. Go to the blank page
at the end. Select Edit Text & Images or equivalent and then select Add Image. Select the desired image from your folder. This procedure
will retain the resolution of the image. If you add the image to the Word document, its resolution is usually reduced.
Nominations that are not successful in their first year will be automatically carried over for two additional years,
after which they must be refreshed by a new submission, or they will be dropped from consideration.
Members of the SoR Executive Committee are ineligible until two years after completion of their term.
All nominations are subject ot the following rules (new this year):
1. Only one new Fellow nomination for each nominator per year is allowed.
2. Members of the SoR Fellowship Committee should not be involved in nominating a candidate.
3. The SoR officer (president or past president) who set up the SoR Fellowship Committee is prohibited from nominating.